We are looking for a Software Engineer to grow our rapidly expanding Infrastructure Security team here at Asana. You will be working with the Security and Infrastructure teams to ensure our infrastructure is safe from adversaries by enhancing our containment and detection capabilities.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users and employees are safe from malicious activity and accidental disclosure. We build the systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to develop secure software easily. We're focused on secure-by-default frameworks, least privilege access, detection and alerting, and eliminating bug classes.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing, building, and maintaining our security infrastructure, including our intrusion detection and response capabilities
- Developing processes, code, or systems that mitigate and prevent infrastructure breaches
- Building secure-by-default infrastructure for the rest of Engineering to use
- Partnering and embedding with infrastructure engineering teams on building our newest features and technologies to ensure they are secure.
- Expanding our detection and response to security events relating to our infrastructure, including improving out detection capabilities and maturing our incident response capabilities
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer, including at least 1 year as a security engineer
- Experience working on a security or security-aligned team
- Familiar with top infrastructure security risks and mitigations
- Experience with prioritizing risks based on probability and balancing business velocity
- Solid programming skills
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.