We are looking for a Software Engineer to grow our rapidly expanding Security team here at Asana. You will be working with the Security and Infrastructure teams to implement detection and response capabilities and application security tools, reviewing designs for security flaws, and triaging security findings.
The Security team ensures that Asana's users and employees are safe from malicious activity and accidental disclosure. We build the systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to develop secure software easily. We're focused on secure-by-default frameworks, least privilege access, detection and alerting, and eliminating bug classes.
What you’ll achieve
- Designing, building, and maintaining our security infrastructure, including our detection and response capabilities, IAM, and secrets management
- Developing processes, code, or systems that mitigate and prevent infrastructure breaches
- Building secure-by-default infrastructure for the rest of Engineering to use
- Helping teams working on our newest features and technologies to be sure they are secure
- Working with researchers through our bounty program
- Review new designs and give other feedback
- 4+ years experience as a software engineer or security engineer
- Know your way around AWS infrastructure
- Solid programming skills
- Familiar with detection and response infrastructure like AWS CloudTrail, audit, stream-alert, and Elasticsearch
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
- Able to balance diverse risk when making decision
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.