The Asana Culinary Team is dedicated to keeping each employee healthy, happy and supported in reaching their full potential. Our food program is a reflection of those goals by providing healthy and nutritionally balanced meals three times a day. We work hard to ensure that our various menus reflect both good health and great tasting food.
We’re dedicated to serving only the very best ingredients that are sourced from local, sustainable and organic farms. We develop Asana-Style spins to make classic recipes include more fresh vegetables, healthy fats, low salt and 100% natural sweeteners.
What you’ll achieve
- Overseeing the Butchery, Meat & Seafood Program
- Assisting the Head of Culinary in hiring, discipline and performance reviews
- Exemplifying & embodying Asana’s values along with our Culinary values, mission, and vision on a daily basis
- Lead & facilitate quarterly and weekly menu planning team meetings and create agendas proactively with plans for excellence in menu programming, high quality service, and system infrastructure and improvement
- Ensure high food quality, sourcing and product standards are met, and include nutritious options for every eater. Monitor menu signage for accuracy and clarity
- Create & apply kitchen initiatives geared toward high-volume, low-waste, cost -effective solutions that maintain a high quality of product and service.
- Applying positive communication to inform, inspire, promote accountability and growth
- Create a work environment based on trust, communication, honesty and respect through active listening and collaborative management
- Hands-on help, instruction, and leadership in kitchen production and during food service
- Express Menu & Recipe creativity with talented team of food driven Chefs
- Oversees quality standards for food
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance
- Bring maintenance and upgrade requests to facilities team
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Collaborative projects with various teams
- Monitor food’s lifecycle from source to service and ensure full-utilization of all product
- Collaborate with Head of Culinary & Chefs to secure and maintain partnerships with local, sustainable, and high-integrity vendors in order to establish clear ordering protocol and product pars.
- Represent our food program positively at all times as a food team leader in the office
- 5+ years experience in a culinary leadership role
- Excellent time management, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Strong motivational and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to balance administrative tasks and documentation with hands-on interaction with kitchen staff and service areas.
- Ability to produce & execute high-quality food during services
- Experience in scaling high level food programs aligning with growth & HC
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds repeatedly
- Experience controlling inventory and working with budgets
- Diverse culinary background in regional cuisine, technique, ingredient knowledge, and health/nutrition
- Familiarity with dietary restrictions, alternative cuisine, and accommodating a diverse group of eaters
- Must maintain composure and a professional, respectful demeanor at all times
- Flexible schedule and availability based upon business needs
- Bachelor in Culinary Management a plus
- Pastry experience a plus
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.