We’re looking for someone who is passionate about building the integrations that powers how we make decisions at Asana. This role acts as a foundational pillar to the entire business and spans Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR applications and systems.
The Business Technology team at Asana acts as the engine to the business team; up-leveling our business partners by delivering secure, scalable, and efficient systems, processes, data and insights that help Asana achieve its mission. As a Business Technology Data Engineer, you will be foundational to how the business operates and the value provided with each thoughtful integration between systems leads to tremendous gains for the business. You will expose new insights that help Asana make better decisions, enable complex workflows that help us move more efficiently and effectively as an organization, and expand the value that each system can provide to an end user.
What you’ll achieve
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Data Engineering, Data Science, and Engineering to build data infrastructure, processes, and tooling
- Invest in the infrastructure that supports data-driven workflows for analysts, business teams, and fellow business technology teammates
- Architect and implement robust data systems that will scale with Asana’s rapid growth
- 2+ years of experience working with distributed data technologies
- Background in a technical and/or quantitative field of study, such as computer science, math, physics or statistics
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Enterprise IPAAS platforms: Snaplogic, Dell Boomi, Mulesoft, etc. (we use Snaplogic!)
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle preferred
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Ability to demonstrate strong teamwork with your internal team, business stakeholders, and business leaders
- Experience with highly scalable ETL / ELT / Data Lake technologies nice to have
- Experience working with server-side concepts such as containers, microservices, caching, performance monitoring, and API design nice to have.
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, KLM Air France, NASA, Overstock.com, Uber, Viessmann Group, and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.