We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our design leadership team and help shape not just a key part of the product, but our people and the ways we design and build. Design managers at Asana help their teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. We coach our teams through our process to ensure they create great results (and love doing it).
The design team at Asana is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. This includes starting from first principles to define a problem, through generative ideas and directions, to detailed iterations of interaction design. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
Asana is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is still small but growing thoughtfully with just over 500 people. You'll be working on a meaningful mission alongside some of the best talent from Apple, Google, Facebook, Atlassian, Dropbox, Airbnb, and many others. You'll help foster a decentralized decision making culture where everyone is encouraged to speak up on critical decisions and get involved in the entire product process, from concept to post-launch reflection.
What you'll achieve
- Managing a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for those on your team
- Partnering with peers in PM and engineering to define goals, objectives, roadmap, and processes to ensure projects are well defined and high impact
- Coaching teams across the pillar to successfully navigate the product development process
- Ensuring team members are creating high quality work that delights our customers and meets company objectives
- Collaborating with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Partnering with the design pillar lead and recruiting to expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- A design manager that’s led teams of designers in a fast-growing environment for 1 to 2 years
- Strong product design sense that allows you to move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details easily and clearly
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Experience leading product design efforts in B2B/SaaS space a huge plus
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.