We’re looking for an experienced Product Design Manager to join our design leadership team and help shape not just a key part of the product, but our people and the ways we design and build. Design managers at Asana help their teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions. We coach our teams through our process to ensure they create great results (and love doing it).
The design team at Asana is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. This includes starting from first principles to define a problem, through generative ideas and directions, to detailed iterations of interaction design. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
Asana is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is still small but growing thoughtfully with just over 500 people. You'll be working on a meaningful mission alongside some of the best talent from Apple, Google, Facebook, Atlassian, Dropbox, Airbnb, and many others. You'll help foster a decentralized decision making culture where everyone is encouraged to speak up on critical decisions and get involved in the entire product process, from concept to post-launch reflection.
What you'll achieve
- Managing a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for those on your team
- Partnering with peers in PM and engineering to define goals, objectives, roadmap, and processes to ensure projects are well defined and high impact
- Coaching teams across the pillar to successfully navigate the product development process
- Ensuring team members are creating high quality work that delights our customers and meets company objectives
- Collaborating with design leadership to evolve our process, tools and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Partnering with the design pillar lead and recruiting to expand our team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- A design manager that’s led teams of designers in a fast-growing environment for 1 to 2 years
- Strong product design sense that allows you to move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details easily and clearly
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Experience leading product design efforts in B2B/SaaS space a huge plus
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.