We’re looking for an experienced leader to join our design team and help the Vancouver team design and build great products. Product Designer at Asana help their teams focus on the user and make sure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will be a big part of a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product, from inception to post-launch reflection. You will design beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
You will be part of Asana’s Product Design team, a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team. We're looking for outstanding people to help us innovate and scale as we build out our new development center in Vancouver.
What you’ll achieve
- Leading a team of designers by mentoring and creating growth opportunities for designers on your team
- Partnering with pillar leads in Design, PM, and Engineering to define goals, objectives, roadmaps, and processes to ensure projects are well defined and high impact
- Ensuring team members are creating high quality work that delights our customers and meets company objectives
- Collaborating with design leadership to evolve our process, tools, and systems to ensure we’re creating great, consistent work
- Partnering with the Design pillar lead to recruit and expand the Vancouver team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, and onboarding new employees
- Seasoned design lead that’s led teams of designers in a fast-growing environment
- Strong product design sense that allows you to move from high-level strategic conversation to nitty gritty details easily and clearly
- Helped develop tools and process that support a strong design system at scale
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Experience leading product design efforts in B2B/SaaS space a huge plus
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 60,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, and Vancouver, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.