We are looking for a collaborative teammate to join our team, working with both Vancouver Product teams and the rest of the Data team, located in San Francisco and New York. The Data Team works closely with our product, customer success, and sales teams; we help ask questions the right way, and then find those answers.
Our data informs us of the impact we are having on the world, and you will be part of a team that is instrumental in architecting and building our data infrastructure. You will design and use data analysis tools that increase our data’s scalability, accuracy, and accessibility. You will understand our company’s goals and proactively inform their direction with data so that our product can help more teams do great things.
What you’ll achieve
- Leading data science efforts for the Vancouver office
- Designing and analyzing experiments to measure the impact of new product features
- Investigating high-level questions like “What are the collaborative patterns of the most successful teams using Asana?”
- Adding new metrics and aggregations to our data warehouse to make new classes of questions answerable
- Building models to predict the growth trajectory of different customer segments
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in applying data science techniques to drive technical product development and decision-making
- Strong technical background in computer science, statistics, math, information science, or another quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one modern language useful for data processing (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Proficiency with relational data modeling and SQL
- Expertise in statistical methods and experimental design and analysis
- Familiarity with distributed data processing systems (e.g. Spark, Redshift)
- Background in advanced statistical modeling (e.g. GLM, mixed effects) and/or machine learning
- Experience collaborating with teammates in other locations
Asana is a leading work management platform, helping more than 70,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries organize and manage all of their work, including AB-InBev, Airbnb, AllBirds, KLM Air France, Kohl's, NASA, Panera, Sephora, Uber, Viessmann Group and Vox Media. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE three years in a row, and one of Glasdoor's and Inc.'s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, Sydney, Vancouver, and Reykjavík, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative people to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.