As the global leader of the IT operations, you will join a world-class mission-based company with a focus on two core areas of responsibility:
- Overseeing and building a global team responsible for day-to-day IT operations. Responsibilities include provisioning and managing hardware and networks, installing and administering software applications for end users, and managing SaaS applications for all our offices around the world.
- Establishing and managing the company's IT security program through policy development, vendor management, solution implementation, and awareness training. Responsibilities include serving as the overall SME/product owner for IT security within the company and overseeing 3rd party vulnerability audits and assessments. This role will partner frequently with internal engineering teams and our Head of Security to identify, design, and prioritize the development of security improvements within the Asana platform.
What You'll Do
- Lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution and deliver a world-class employee experience
- Continue to develop and build a global IT vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Hire and scale a global IT organization
- Drive IT compliance programs; define and promote IT policies, procedures, and standards that align with all regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Identify key metrics for tracking the health and success of IT and security operations and actively monitor/report on efforts to company management
- Design and establish proper role-based access controls and segregation-of-duties controls across the company in partnership with the business and engineering teams
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Coordinate with internal resources and third parties/vendors for execution of projects and initiative
- Develop annual IT and IT security plans and budgets
Required Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ years of relevant, progressive experience in managing a global IT department in a medium (1000+) or large size public company.
- Experience implementing SOX controls.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry. Comprehensive knowledge of essential IT functions including network infrastructure, storage, servers, databases, cloud computing, disaster recovery, security, telecommunications, and vendor management.
- Proven experience managing and leading IT teams consisting of onsite resources, contractors, consultants, and managed services providers.
- Possesses exceptional collaborative and communication skills; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities. High level of organization, attention to detail, aptitude for planning/managing deadlines.
- Ability to break down complex problems to make decisions and drive progress; strong strategic planning, project management, and collaborative leadership skills.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and motivate a high performing IT team that values transparency and accountability.
- Strong commitment to a team approach, and awareness of team and individual success dependencies.
- Ability in exercising sound judgment and working independently with minimal supervision and/or guidance.
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 50,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, and Sydney, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.