As a manager on the product engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and product managers to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception (be it at a hackathon or during Roadmap Week) to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our teammates and our users, in order to understand how we can best work together to help others work better together.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers on the web product engineering team
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iterations
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to grow the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Work with other Asana NYC engineering leaders to guide and shape the culture and growth of the NYC office
- Experience managing a technical team
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into code yourself
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and small daily product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, #15 Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.