We’re looking for people who are driven by collaborative and creative environments to develop simple, innovative, and beautifully designed products that customers love to use.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will be a big part of a small team of Product Designers owning core developments of the product, from inception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team. We’re looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate and scale, and we offer relocation.
What you’ll achieve
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of major features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for your program
- Work through product problems from definition and opportunity to shipping features to our customers
- Be actively involved in defining the strategy for your program, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, sometimes with customers, to validate product directions
- Participate in design critique and product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner with engineers as they build and ship ideas
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development programs
- 4+ years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Experience designing digital apps and systems; you have helped ship products before, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Clearly communicate design work with solid rationale that uses research and data
- A driven self starter who is excited about collaborating and building relationships with other teams in the company, like Engineering, Marketing, UXR, and Product Management
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from problem definition through to detailed UI and visual design
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch, Figma, and others
- Able to understand and follow a design system, and challenge and contribute to it when necessary
- Strong aptitude for building prototypes at various fidelity using tools like Framer, Flinto, Keynote, InVision, or HTML/CSS/JS
Asana is a leading work management platform for teams, on a mission to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. More than 50,000 organizations and millions of users across 195 countries rely on Asana to focus on the work that matters, including Airbnb, Disney, KLM Air France, NASA, Uber and Vox Media. Our highly recognized culture spurs innovation and business results, and for the last two years, Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Place to Work by FORTUNE and one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Dublin, and Sydney, Asana is always looking for bright, collaborative individuals to be a part of our inclusive culture and help us achieve our mission.