The Accounting team at Asana approaches every new challenge with a balance of risk and speed, and we love contributing to the sustained growth of a fast-growing, mission-oriented business. We're looking to add a Revenue Accounting Lead to our Accounting team.
As part of our Accounting team, you will partner with our Finance, Sales, User Operations, Legal, and Product teams to maintain and process accurate billing transactions and help scale Revenue Operations for Asana’s fast growing customer base. This role will be the first revenue operations hire and will help Asana scale by streamlining processes, helping implement additional currencies, and in time building a team that will be in charge of owning the collections and related processes. In addition this role will help with month-end close reporting and ad hoc finance projects as needed.
Asana has a high volume of billing transactions, so technical ability is important as we connect the dots systematically between billing systems, ERP, payment processors and our product. We’re scaling our order-to-cash process globally and this role is crucial to its success. Our team is focused on accuracy and automation; any and all of the responsibilities below, if automated, would mean ultimate success in this role.
- Work with Business Technology to ensure that all changes made to customer subscriptions are reflected accurately in our internal data pipeline.
- Work closely with monetization to map out the timing and acceptance of additional currencies.
- Streamline current processes and help scale revenue operations by implementing new payment methods.
- Help with implementation of ASC 606.
- Creation of manual invoices: Manually create invoices that require net terms. This process entails high attention to detail as we ensure proper controls are completed before provisioning the customer to premium or enterprise subscriptions.
- Reconcile transactions between ERP and billing system: Daily error log investigations performed in order to ensure accuracy of data sent between the systems.
- Own billing-related customer queries cross-functionally: Work closely with customers directly or internally with our Sales, Legal and User Operations team with respect to billing and contracts. Assist cross-functionally with sales quote generation, net terms negotiations, and any complexities with respect to billing.
- Reconcile customer payments and credit card transactions: In addition to collecting payment in the form of check/ACH/wire and reconciling our AR lock box, you will assist in reconciliations of credit card transactions that are processed through our payment processors against our billing system. Collaborate with our Business Technology team to investigate and resolve potential payment issues.
- Month-end close: Perform weekly and monthly controls that are reviewed as part of our Month-end close process.
- Handle collections: Manage weekly correspondence with customers that are overdue. This will involve reaching out to customers via email, managing customer purchasing department requests, submitting tax documents when required, and maintaining a low DSO. Additionally, you’ll be the liaison to our Collection Agency and own the process of determining when an account should be submitted to Collections.
- Being flexible in a constantly changing business environment!
- Minimum of 6+ years revenue accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or similar
- Strong aptitude and proficiency in Excel and SQL
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, both written and verbal
- Process oriented with an appreciation for financial controls
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable with changing requirements
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Passion for working cross-functionally (from sales to product)
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, Recurly and Stripe a plus
- Experience with multiple currencies
- Comfortable working with mac-books
- CPA a plus