Arzeda is solving some of today’s hardest and most meaningful problems – from food and nutrition to sustainable materials and homecare – by designing proteins that have the limitless potential to change everyone’s daily life. Our team has developed a proven technology platform that merges computational protein design, machine learning, and synthetic biology tools to produce proteins, enzymes, and bio-based processes more efficiently than Mother Nature. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet. At Arzeda, we value a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
We are looking for a collaborative Scientist to join our growing Assay Development and Testing team. Using your creativity and skills in small molecule separation techniques, you will play an important role in developing and optimizing analytical methods. You will also have the opportunity to advance your proteomics experience and contribute to impactful projects across the company.
Arzeda is located in Seattle, Washington. Nestled among the historic and artistic neighborhoods of Ballard, Fremont and Queen Anne, you'll find the right balance of activities and relaxation. Whether you're indulging your inner foodie at one of many unique restaurants, drinking a craft beverage after a day at the beach, or enjoying a picturesque walk through the Sunday Market, you'll be proud to call Seattle your home.
- Develop new analytical methods for small molecule separations.
- Install, onboard, and maintain analytical equipment and instrumentation.
- Contribute to the implementation of robust analytical methods as well as data analysis workflows.
- Analyze data and present findings to contribute to decision-making for the team.
- Work closely with and training associate scientists and technicians to develop, optimize and perform laboratory SOPs.
- Interface with upstream (e.g., Protein Design, Pathway and Strain Design, Genetic Build-Design, or Assay Development and Test teams) and downstream (Fermentation or Downstream Processing teams) for efficient data exchange and transfer of materials.
- PhD in Analytical Chemistry and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a postdoctoral or industry setting.
- Experience with liquid chromatography and Mass Spec systems (HPLC, LC/MS, Q-TOF, QQQ MS/MS).
- Demonstrated ability to develop analytical methods for small molecules.
- Experience evaluating data sets, putting together reports, and presenting findings and/or results from data analysis.
- Exposure to working with a LIMS system.
- Desire to communicate openly within a team and be receptive to feedback and learning opportunities.
Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- Knowledge of proteomics, or a willingness to learn.
Arzeda compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package, to include equity
- Paid time off; company-observed holidays to include a company paid holiday closure between Dec 25 and Jan 1; and paid medical/family leave
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance to include options for Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
Arzeda is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.