Arzeda is solving some of today’s hardest and most meaningful problems – from food and nutrition to sustainable materials and homecare – by designing proteins that have the limitless potential to change everyone’s daily life. Our team has developed a proven technology platform that merges computational protein design, machine learning, and synthetic biology tools to produce proteins, enzymes, and bio-based processes more efficiently than even Mother Nature. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet. At Arzeda, we value a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer to join our growing Platform Software Team to help build the largest and most comprehensive set of enzyme and protein engineering data in the world. Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers, you will lead and support projects to build our laboratory data platform. You’ll solve problems crucial to the planning, execution, analysis, and reporting of high-throughput laboratory experiments. Your contributions will impact experimental activities across Arzeda, including genetic design, assay development & testing, analytical chemistry, and strain engineering.
Arzeda is located in Seattle, Washington. Nestled among the historic and artistic neighborhoods of Ballard, Fremont and Queen Anne, you'll find the right balance of activities and relaxation. Whether you're indulging your inner foodie at one of many unique restaurants, drinking a craft beverage after a day at the beach, or enjoying a picturesque walk through the Sunday Market, you'll be proud to call Seattle your home. The preferred work location for this position is Seattle, however, remote work from other locations in the U.S. Pacific time zone are offered. The position comes with a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, dental insurance, and paid time off, commensurate with applicant qualifications.
- Developing software tools for laboratory data management and our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), including interfacing services and instruments.
- Developing informatics workflows, and user interfaces for scientists executing high-throughput laboratory experiments, such as high-throughput enzyme assays or NGS.
- Collaborating with scientists to produce actionable software specifications and requirements.
- Communicating software engineering objectives, approaches, and outcomes to internal stakeholders.
- Taking full ownership of your solutions, from design to implementation to delivery.
- Mentoring fellow software engineers.
- Fluency in Java or related programming language.
- Software development experience, including modern software practices such as version control and automated testing.
- Basic subject matter knowledge in biology, chemistry, or biochemistry.
Nice-to-haves (but not required):
- Experience working in software engineering in the life sciences industry.
- Experience building and deploying server applications.
- Experience with client-side & server-side plugin development.
- Experience with containers/Docker.
- Experience implementing APIs for web services.
Arzeda compensation and benefits include:
- Comprehensive compensation package, to include equity
- Paid time off; company-observed holidays to include a company paid holiday closure between Dec 25 and Jan 1; and paid medical/family leave
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance to include options for Health Savings Accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits
Arzeda is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.