Arzeda is solving some of today’s hardest and most meaningful problems – from food and nutrition to sustainable materials and homecare – by designing proteins that have the limitless potential to change everyone’s daily life. Our team has developed a proven technology platform that merges computational protein design, machine learning, and synthetic biology tools to produce proteins, enzymes, and bio-based processes more efficiently than even Mother Nature. A deep tech, mission-driven company, we are passionate about our mission to design novel proteins and products that enhance our lives and protect our planet. At Arzeda, we value a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
We are seeking a Project Manager who will assist in bringing our portfolio of food ingredients to market. In this role, you will demonstrate your ability to manage internal and external relationships to drive project initiatives to meet customer needs and bring products to commercialization. If you are seeking a dynamic position where you can leverage your technical background in a business-minded role this may be the opportunity for you!
The preferred work location for this position is Seattle, Washington. However, a hybrid schedule from other U.S. locations is a possibility.
Arzeda is located in Seattle, Washington. Nestled among the historic and artistic neighborhoods of Ballard, Fremont and Queen Anne, you'll find the right balance of activities and relaxation. Whether you're indulging your inner foodie at one of many unique restaurants, drinking a craft beverage after a day at the beach, or enjoying a picturesque walk through the Sunday Market, you'll be proud to call Seattle your home.
- Manage 2-3 food ingredients project at various stage of maturity
- In collaboration with the management, business development, and functional technical teams, define key stage-gate milestones to bring food ingredients portfolio from concept to commercialization
- Organize daily activities for each portfolio project based on goals and initiatives at Arzeda
- Manages budget and expenses associated with each project
- Oversee and coordinate technical execution towards milestones by project teams, contract manufacturing organizations, and consultants
- Participate as content expert in business development meeting with potential commercialization partners
- Provide regular progress report to programs stakeholders
- MS or PhD in chemical engineering, biological sciences or related field with several years of industrial experience
- Minimum of 3 years hands on or operational experience with fermentation and/or biocatalysis/bioconversion
- Minimum of 4 years in a hands on Project Management position
- Experience managing complex (specialty) food ingredients/additives development programs from concept to scale-up and commercialization.
- Experience working with food-grade contracting manufacturing
- Experience with GRAS and food-grade regulatory frameworks as well as interfacing with regulatory consultants and agencies
- Prior experience working with either protein/enzymes ingredients or enzymes as processing aids preferred
- The successful candidate must be able to work in fast paced, focused and intense environment, organize their work schedule for multiple projects, and work independently as well as in a team setting. Finally, Arzeda seeks and greatly values a strong desire to learn, innovate and be continuously challenged.
Nice to haves (but not required):
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Program Management Professional (PgMP) certification preferred
- Experience working with sugar substitutes
Arzeda is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity and inclusion in the workspace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding), genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other basis protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.