Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
This Neuroscience co-op position will be focused on cell biology and biochemistry, investigating novel therapeutic options for neurodegenerative disease as part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, biophysicists and chemists. This project centers on identifying the mechanism of action of novel compounds for regulation of target protein stability, but will likely include assay development and exploration of target protein regulation in neurons. We are looking for a passionate individual who loves neuroscience and wants to contribute to understanding disease-relevant basic biology and impact downstream program decisions. After training, the prospective team member will be expected to work independently and prioritize their time, analyze and communicate experimental data to supervisor and team, and summarize experimental procedures and protocols in their electronic notebooks (ELN) for colleagues.
This position reports to a Senior Research Scientist, Neuroscience and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Cell culture, including neuronal culture, knockdown and overexpression paradigms, in vitro ubiquitination assays, and other molecular biology techniques (e.g. western blot, ELISA, protein complementation assays).
- Utilization of high-content imaging / microscopy for target localization would be a plus.
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Major areas of focus will include utilizing published literature to guide assay development and technical optimization, evaluating appropriate controls, and troubleshooting.
- The candidate should be a highly motivated, fast learner, with flexibility and ability to multi-task, as well as a good lab citizen.
- Previous biology or neuroscience experience and knowledge of cell culture required
- Gene expression analysis and microscopy experience are a plus
- Preference to current junior/senior in an undergraduate program; master’s student.
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer