Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 350 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
We are looking for a scientist to strengthen our selection team. This committed bench scientist position will be responsible for the design and execution of selection experiments to identify peptide and nanobody candidates that bind the target proteins.
This position reports to the leader of the selection team and will be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design and execution of selection experiments using display technology
- Build out the lab for display technology capabilities
- Design and generate display libraries
- Perform repeated rounds of selection against target proteins
- Sequence candidates via next-generation DNA sequencing
- Characterize the best candidates via cell-based and plate-based assays
- Design, produce, and validate BioPROTACs against undrugged targets
- Design lentiviral vectors
- Perform transduction and generate stable cell lines
- Execute cell based and biochemical assays
- Analyze, interpret, and report experimental results at internal meetings
- Maintain detailed records of experiments in electronic lab notebooks in line with company policy
- Contribute to conceptions, presentations, publications, and patents
- Maintain a knowledge of literature related to areas of research
- Experience and successful demonstration of hit identification with one or more display methods (phage, yeast, mRNA, etc)
- Strong experience in standard molecular biology applications (PCR, qPCR, cloning, sequencing methods, western blot)
- Strong protein biochemistry skills and experience with protein purification
- Excellent cell culture experience with good aseptic technique
- Experience in lentiviral transduction
- Experience in the application of biochemical and cell-based assays
- Experience in fluorescent imaging is advantageous
- Hands-on experience in DNA Encoded Library (DEL) selection is a strong plus
- Maintaining orderly and timely record of experiments and results in accordance with company policy and legal requirements
- Writing standard operating protocols
- Maintaining safe working environment for self and others
- A successful candidate will have an enabling attitude, be a problem solver and have a desire to work in a collaborative manner with peers and pan-disciplinary colleagues in a project setting
- PhD, or M.S/ B.S. scientist with 12+ years of pharma/ biotech/ academic experience in molecular biology, biochemistry or a related field.