Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for supervising Accounts Payable as well as various aspects of the financial close process, including journal entries, reconciliations, account roll forwards and analyses, general ledger maintenance, and internal controls related to the monthly financial close process.
This position reports to the Associate Director, Accounting Operations and can be located in our headquarters in New Haven, CT or performed with a hybrid or remote working arrangement.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the day to day accounting operations, with direct reports in accounts payable. Hands-on involvement in all company accounting-related matters
- Aiding the associate director with tasks involving ownership of the general ledger, including hands-on month-end/quarter-end/year-end close activities (journal entries, reconciliations, P&L review, etc.)
- Managing fixed asset accounting, ensuring that capitalization/depreciation policies are followed and that assets are physically tracked in and out of the facility;
- Being integrally involved in the development, implementation and documentation of new accounting policies and procedures to scale within the organization
- Supporting quarter-end and year-end external reviews and audits
- Managing and developing accounts payable staff
- Assisting in the design and management of the chart of accounts, cost centers and project accounting
- Ensuring accuracy of all close-related work products, including journal entries, reconciliations, account roll forwards and analytics
- Assisting FP&A with budget-to-actual variance analyses
- Complying with internal controls related to financial close; ensuring internal control narratives, flowcharts and control matrices remain current with the company’s current practices and operations
- Collaborating with purchasing to review purchase orders, ensure accurate coding of expenses, and monitor payments to vendors
- Supporting Associate Director on ad hoc projects, as necessary
- 5+ years experience in accounting/finance
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in MS Office Excel
- Biotech experience a plus
- Professional, well organized, attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment
- Experience managing others required
- Previous experience at a publicly traded company a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple, competing priorities while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer