Arvinas is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas’ PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas’ pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes two clinical-stage programs: ARV-110, which is being developed as a potential treatment for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being developed as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 200 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company’s values and purpose – to improve the well-being of patients and families impacted by the devastating diseases Arvinas is working to treat. It’s an exciting time to be in drug development and it’s an exciting time to be at Arvinas. But don’t just take our word for it – here’s what Arvinas employees are saying. For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com.
As the development portfolio at Arvinas grows and diversifies, we are excited to add an experienced Program Team Leader to our organization! This key role will lead cross-functional, matrixed teams accountable for building integrated development plans to bring pre-clinical drug candidates through Phase 1-3 clinical studies. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of effective clinical development strategies in oncology and/or neurology, and a good understanding of clinical product development in the pharmaceutical industry.
This position reports to the Vice President, R&D Development Operations and is located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT office or can be performed remotely from a location within the United States.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership and matrix management for Development Program Teams
- Developing program strategy and modifying program strategy in response to changing business needs;
- Modeling scenario plans and building presentations to support recommendations to senior leadership;
- Oversight and coordination of all activities associated with achieving Development Team goals;
- Building high-level operations plans for program strategy, including alternative and back-up scenarios;
- Identification of all critical path activities, inter-linkages between activities as well as critical decision points;
- Leadership, in collaboration with the program manager, of the development of program timeline for annual operating plan;
- Collaboration with finance stakeholders to support tracking of actuals to budget, communicate deviations and identify variations;
- Provide input into performance assessment of program team members in matrix environment;
- Mentorship of Development Program team members;
- Communication and engagement with key stakeholders to ensure transparency and alignment on project plans
- Contributing to corporate strategic planning and working with the Leadership Team to define an overall strategy for Program leadership. Planning solutions related to balancing resources.
- Creation of overall development strategy and integrated development plan and coordination of budget for Development Programs
- Modifying program strategy as appropriate based on external scientific information or competitor activity related to Development Programs(s); key link to external Key Opinion Leaders in area(s) of focus, and represent Arvinas at external scientific meetings as necessary
- Tracking progress against goals and composing monthly reports outlining key strategic events for program(s), progress against milestones, strategic imperatives, and financials
- 12+ years’ industry experience, with deep experience managing Clinical Development projects in pharmaceutical or Biotech Company
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary development teams in the execution of operational plans; ideally across multiple functional areas and various development phases
- Experience of drug development in oncology strongly preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively within a cross-functional, partially virtual team setting is critical, as are strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team in a matrix organizational structure
- High analytical skills, especially with regard to understanding and interpreting scientific research and literature are essential
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements for product approval and compliance in US, Europe, and Pac Rim experienced in global drug development
- Awareness of changing trends in pharmaceutical drug development, and experience in applying new approaches
- Extensive team leadership in a matrix and virtual environment
- Experience with drugs at all stages of Clinical Development and presenting data to regulatory agencies/Advisory Committees
- Experience as an effective mentor. Line management experience highly preferred
- Strong publication record and experience with external Scientific Advisory Boards preferred
- Ph.D., or significant and relevant BS/MS experience in small and large pharma
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity employer