We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Houston Team to take a core role in implementing advanced analytics solutions for large industrial clients using our Marathon Cloud Application.
You will primarily be taking a key role delivering our products to existing, new and prospective customers along with our Delivery, Product and Sales Teams.
In this work you will be a strong advocate for quickly extracting business value from analytical solutions deployed within our products. Our customers will consider you a trusted partner both in identifying new opportunities as well as in ensuring that deployed solutions perform to the highest standards.
You are a fast learner and will take a strong interest in the underlying engineering principles of assets, equipment and processes in the heavy asset domain. You will have a passionate interest in keeping track of the latest developments in machine learning and other relevant analysis techniques and will be constantly looking to exploit opportunities in applying these to the heavy asset domain.
Our Product Team will consider you a key stakeholder in identifying opportunities for new and improved application features and functionality related to delivering analytics insights to our customers. You will actively contribute to the design and QA review of new product features.
You will be immersed in an exciting startup environment with the opportunity to learn from our software architect and engineering teams as they use cutting edge IIOT technologies to develop and support our products.
- Take a mission critical role working with our customers as a core part of our product delivery team.
- Help identify high value business problems in heavy asset industry domains which can benefit from data driven solutions.
- Co-develop data driven solutions, including machine learning components, to solve customer business problems.
- Deploy your solutions into our cloud based application - Marathon, together with our product team and iterate on them based on customer feedback.
- Work with our global Data Science, Delivery and Product Teams to standardize and scale our processes for developing and deploying advanced analytics solutions.
- Strong familiarity with the open source Python data science, machine learning and data visualization stack including pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, scipy, statsmodels, matplotlib, seaborn, etc.
- Experience with version control tools such as GitHub
- Demonstrated experience applying machine learning techniques in a business setting to real world problems.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing time-series data.
- PhD + 2 years in a relevant industry or 5+ years in a relevant industry.
- Extensive knowledge of the fundamentals of machine learning, statistical analysis and mathematical modeling.
- Strong communication ability, particularly when communicating technical concepts with a non-technical audience.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with MLOps, DevOps, Cloud, SQL, Rest APIs, CICD.
- Experience in the heavy asset industry domain.
- Experience deploying and maintaining machine learning models in a production environment.
- Experience leading projects in a customer-facing setting.
Houston, Texas, USA (full remote work is not an option, in-person interaction is required, there will be flexibility to work from home for some days of the week)
Required occasional travel to customer locations; all face to face meetings will be held in a responsible manner adhering to local government guidelines and customer HSE policies for Covid-19.
- You are able to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- You are able to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals in the position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Arundo reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.