Arundo is a software company based in Oslo, Norway, Houston, TX, and Palo Alto, CA, with presence in 7 locations in Europe and the Americas. Our software enables advanced analytics, machine learning, and IoT applications for more efficient, safer, and more effective physical systems in heavy industries such as energy, chemicals, and shipping. Founded in 2015, Arundo has raised over $35 million in financing and currently consists of around 100 software engineers, data scientists, designers, and industrial domain experts.
Our team members are passionate about being part of a company that can solve tough problems and create innovative solutions. We believe in a fun environment, where our people can be fearless and feel empowered to always do the right thing. Arundites come from many different backgrounds including academia, industry, and even a submarine! We look for smart, creative thinkers with a player-coach mindset who can wear multiple hats and contribute to our exciting future!
We are looking for summer Data Science interns with expertise in programming, machine learning and statistical data analytics. The internship will last for approximately 12 weeks from May to August 2020 (we are flexible on exact dates).
- You will extract value from data via statistical and machine learning methods and deploying these solutions into production
- You will contribute to Arundo software products, directly or indirectly
- We are a values driven company with an inclusive and autonomous culture
- We have highly talented and dedicated people
- We work in a collaborative environment with our offices in the US and EMEA
- You'll have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- We have a FUN environment - we take fun seriously and have appointed a VP of Fun
- We have regular team building activities
- We have several social clubs of own choice (Data Science Club, Running Club, Females@Arundo)
- We collaborate with Stanford/StartX and MIT/STEX25
- We're at a great office in Downtown Houston
- We have a free snack bar and Old-school arcade games in the office
- Competitive salary
- 2 PTO days during the internship
- We'll do our best to help you find a place to stay in Houston
Who are we looking for?
- You are a current undergraduate finishing by 2021 or a current graduate student in computer science, statistics, physics or a related field with focus on data analysis and modeling, preferably from a top tier institution
- You are able to write code to solve problems
- You have experience applying data science and machine learning to real-world problems
- You have a strong grasp of machine learning, statistical analysis, mathematical modeling and/or simulation
- You have experience with standard open source data science tools such as Python, Jupyter, SQL, Spark, and git. Python experience preferred.
- You are able to work alongside technical and non-technical team members and customers
What should be included in the application?
- Required: Resume and cover letter
What's going to happen after you submit your application?
- You'll be asked to complete an online technical assessment (2 hour time limit)
- We'll review all documents you have submitted as well as your assessment score. If all goes well we'll send you an invitation for two phone interview with a representative of our HR department to talk about your background and motivation to join the company, and a call with a member of our data science team to cover the technical aspect, and any questions you may have about the role.
- Last round will be (face-to-face) interviews with 2-3 members of our data science team either at our Houston office or on VC depending on your location.
- We are aiming to make the final decision by the end of October.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday October 4th, 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by individuals in the position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Arundo reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.