Aruliden is an award-winning brand creation and product innovation agency founded in 2006, by Rinat Aruh and Johan Liden. We create brands, products and experiences that matter. We work with a diverse range of Fortune 100 as well as digitally native brands in the Beauty, Lifestyle, and Consumer Technology space, rethinking categories and industries through design. With offices in, NYC, SF, and Amsterdam our team works with global brands and clients to create cultural impact, fueled by business growth.
As the Design Director at Aruliden, we will look to you to bring design excellence across all the work you do. From, brand development, digital design, all the way through launch activations, this is a critical role within the organization.
We are looking for someone who wants to work with the worlds greatest brands, companies and leaders. Someone who is passionate about bringing design excellence to market and has over 10 years of experience doing so. The Design Director will report into the VP Creative Director. And along with fellow leaders this role will be a key contributor for continuing to evolve the vision for our beauty, fashion and lifestyle creative team. They will inspire and lead creative excellence across a variety of projects and be a role model across the team while keeping their finger on the pulse of everything going on in the industry. This role will oversee multiple projects from conception to execution, and directly manage a small team of creatives. Team leadership and motivation skills are absolutely essential for the role, in addition to strong concept, creation, craft and presentation skills.
You are excited by beauty, fashion, lifestyle, technology and packaging. The ideal candidate will have a solid background in graphic design, typography, and building brands. They understand how to tell unique visual stories through presentations and how to bring a brand and products to life. The candidate should also have a strong pulse on trends and a deep understanding of visual culture.
Design Directors are representatives of the Aruliden brand, they are expected to build strong relationships with clients, to influence and bring in new business as well as build on existing business and relationships.
What we expect:
- Team leadership and motivation skills are essential for the role, in fact they are the magic that will make this role work. You will coach, lead and inspire the team continuously so we are best in class.
- Managing your project teams workflow and allocations
- Leading and communicating creative direction to team
- Directing team in order to be able to share with VP, CD and co founders
- Inspiring teams and individuals to elevate their work
- Inspiring and mentoring teams and individuals to continue to learn and grow
- Giving clear feedback that helps get them to the next level of their careers
- To be able to lead a project from from conception to production
- Push design excellence throughout the organization. In this role, you’ll be expected to lead multiple large, complex projects and be a role model for interdisciplinary teams.
- Work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. Partnering with the strategy team and 3D team to develop, articulate and visualize big ideas, brands and experiences. This can range from developing a new brand concept from scratch to experiential activations for brands with an incredible amount of history and equity all the way through innovative product and experience design.
- Strong presentation skills
- Deep understanding of digital design and experiences
- Core to building culture and recruiting great talent. Work with Brand Design leads to establishing Aruliden as a key leader for design and creative excellence.
- A strategic, creative thinker and passionate about design and visual culture
What it will take:
- Strong leadership skills with over several years of experience leading and managing a design team
- Demonstration of design excellence and expertise throughout your career
- Must have a solid understanding and desire to keep up to date with innovation trends, industry trends, and design trends.
- Strong packaging and systems experience, understands how to realize a physical product from concept through to actualization
- Strong concept and visualization skills / strong presentation and communication skills
- Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills