Aruliden is an independent award-winning brand creation and product innovation agency founded in 2006, by Rinat Aruh and Johan Liden. We create brands, products and experiences that matter. We work with a diverse range of Fortune 100 as well as digitally native brands in the Beauty, Lifestyle, and Consumer Technology space, rethinking categories and industries through design. With offices in NYC, SF, and Amsterdam our team works with global brands and clients to create cultural impact, fueled by business growth.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to play a key role in the financial operations of Aruliden. Supporting the Head of Finance, this role will oversee global financial reporting, financial forecasting, accounting processes related to gross profit, and billing. This role will be responsible for managing revenue forecasting and recognition across all clients across the agency. This includes partnering with our leaders to understand project delivery updates and forecasting new business. This individual will help to ensure client and project information is accurately recorded in our system and develop reporting to drive senior-level decision making around client management and resource utilization. An important part of this role will be the constant optimization of the financial tools and processes used by the team.
The Finance Manager should be a great problem solver, and will proactively identify opportunities to improve profitability, efficiency, and overall financial performance of the business. We are looking for a self-starter, who is deadline-driven focused on delivering the highest quality of work in line with Aruliden’s core values.
What we expect:
- Oversee global revenue recognition procedures, ensuring project revenue is recorded accurately and clients are billed promptly
- Responsible for revenue forecasting with the client services team and submitting approved revenue (weekly or as changes occur) to the Head of Finance
- Communicate key financial points of contract to Client Services and Head of Finance
- Ensure billing and payment terms are in accordance with client agreements
- Review burn reports and projections with Client Services to ensure that projects are on schedule and help initiate change orders when needed
- Work with client services teams on client budgets, revenue analysis and project audits
- Build financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the company’s cost base and revenue projections
- Present, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data to Head of Finance and Executive Leaders, partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Create weekly, monthly and annual revenue forecasts with target vs actual variance analysis
- Establish and report key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement and liaison with the various business departments
- Perform month-end journal entries related to deferred and accrued income
- Manage and develop new revenue reporting tools within our project management software – Mavenlink
- Coordinate with external procurement contacts to understand and document various client remittance procedures as well as follow up on past due receivables
- Coordinating with teams to ensure project data is appropriately entered into Mavenlink
- Understand current financial operations and identify opportunities for the design, documentation, and implementation of process improvements and increased controls to support the Company’s growing operations
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
What it will take:
- 5-7 years of Business, Finance, and/or Accounting experience
- Experience within an agency background
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance
- Must have strong tech and process skills; ability to understand and be a champion of our project management software
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Be an innovator and have the ability to drive change.
- Must be an analytical and critical thinker with the ability to dig deep into the details but present high-level findings to management.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills; and the ability to thrive in fast paced environments and work independently.
- Must have high aptitude and enthusiasm for financial analysis
- You have entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Expertise in QuickBooks, Expensify, and Mavenlink is a plus