Aruliden is an independent award-winning brand creation and product innovation agency founded in 2006, by Rinat Aruh and Johan Liden. We create brands, products and experiences that matter. We work with a diverse range of Fortune 100 as well as digitally native brands in the Beauty, Lifestyle, and Consumer Technology space, rethinking categories and industries through design. With offices in NYC, SF, and Amsterdam our team works with global brands and clients to create cultural impact, fueled by business growth.
We are currently looking for an accomplished Industrial Designer to join with 3+ year’s experience. Our ideal candidate has a passion for design in all its forms, impeccable taste, and a compelling skill set, including an extraordinary sense of aesthetics concept development, strong sketching abilities, strong 3D CAD modeling for prototyping and production, an understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes, as well as the ability to translate brand values into great products.
Working with a rich portfolio of clients in consumer technology, lifestyle, and beauty, the Designer is responsible for supporting projects from inception through completion. The job requires strategic thinking, visionary storytelling, exceptional ideation through sketching, 3D modeling and rendering, and an understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and materials.
You are passionate about design at the intersection of consumer technology, keeping your finger on the pulse of current and future trends. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests and push yourself beyond your own creative threshold, elevating every brand and project put in front of you.
What we expect:
- Participate in the full end-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration, to product execution and launch. Active participant and driving force in complete product development cycle.
- Actively demonstrate design & innovation excellence and vision
- Continuously lead CAD development and 3D rendering for presentations
- Be strategic, hands on and always curious
- Provide ongoing insights and support for all projects presented to Aruliden
- Support the brand design and strategy team with design needs
- Support the creation of production-ready 3D CAD databases for hand off to engineering and model makers
- Work with outside suppliers to enable design success and address technical issues in the development process
- Be passionate for experience design and prototyping, collaborating with others to blur the lines between hardware and software
What it will take:
- Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of relevant design experience within consumer technology
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating superior taste, ideation, and execution
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lead and motivate employees at all levels within the studio
- Concept, Strategy, Sketching and Rendering hands-on design skills
- 3D CAD/surface and solid modeling proficiency (Solidworks preferred)
- MS Office proficiency & amp
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Keyshot or 3DS Max rendering and animation software
- Ability to self-direct, set higher goals, organize and set proper priorities
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills