Aruliden is an independent award-winning brand creation and product innovation agency founded in 2006, by Rinat Aruh and Johan Liden. We create brands, products and experiences that matter. We work with a diverse range of Fortune 100 as well as digitally native brands in the Beauty, Lifestyle, and Consumer Technology space, rethinking categories and industries through design. With offices in NYC, SF, and Amsterdam our team works with global brands and clients to create cultural impact, fueled by business growth.
We are currently looking for an accomplished Industrial Designer to join with 3+ year’s experience within the Innovation and Tech sectors. Our ideal candidate has a passion for design in all its forms, impeccable taste, and a compelling skill set, including an extraordinary sense of aesthetics concept development, strong sketching abilities, strong 3D CAD modeling for prototyping and production, an understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes, as well as the ability to translate brand values into great products.
Working with a rich portfolio of clients in the consumer technology, lifestyle, and beauty, the Designer is responsible for supporting projects from inception through completion. The job requires strategic thinking, visionary storytelling, exceptional ideation through sketching, 3D modeling and rendering, and an understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and materials.
You are passionate about design at the intersection of consumer technology, keeping your finger on the pulse of current and future trends. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests and push yourself beyond your own creative threshold, elevating every brand and project put in front of you.
What we expect:
- Participate in the full design process from concept and sketch phase, to product implementation and 3D development
- Support the development of a cohesive brand identity, from graphics, storyboards, creating scenarios, sketching, 3D support etc
- Provide design excellence and vision
- Be strategic, hands on and always curious
- Support the brand design and strategy team with design needs
- Provide ongoing insights and support for all projects presented to Aruliden
What it will take:
- Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of relevant design experience within consumer technology
- Strong Portfolio demonstrating superior taste, ideation, and execution
- Ability to work in a fast paced environmentAbility to lead and motivate employees at all levels within the studio
- Concept, Strategy, Sketching and Rendering hands-on design skills
- 3D CAD/surface and solid modeling proficiency (Solidworks or Rhino3D)
- MS Office proficiency & amp
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency
- Keyshot or 3DS Max rendering and animation software
- Ability to self-direct, set higher goals, organize and set proper priorities
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills