Artsy seeks a sales and account management professional to manage and maintain existing relationships with emerging galleries in Europe and the Middle East. As a Gallery Relations Liaison, you will be required to demonstrate a unique blend of sales skills, self-motivation, empathy, creative insight, and attention to detail.
This role is at the very core of Artsy’s mission to build one of the largest collections of art available online. The team of Gallery Relations Liaisons manages relationships with galleries around the world.
The role requires an individual who is able to foster many concurrent and complex relationships by helping emerging galleries manage their inventory and create individualized online listings strategies. You will often need to think on your feet. You must also be passionate about making art accessible to a greater audience of people through technology.
- Maintain active relationships with Artsy's emerging gallery partners.
- Working with ~150 gallery partners, you will advise them on how to grow their presence, audience and sales through the Artsy platform.
- Navigate complex situations through persuasive sales and negotiation skills
- Provide technical support for managing galleries’ online profiles and inventory on Artsy.
- Work towards quarterly KPIs, and track progress through administrative online tools and trackers on a daily basis
- Maintain timely communication with colleagues based in Europe, the USA, and Asia.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of work experience in the contemporary art or tech world (or comparable internships and education)
- Professional fluency in French or German (other languages currently not required)
- Account management/sales experience, including but not limited to client communications, conception and implementation of timelines, and ability to troubleshoot.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills, and has practiced this in a customer or client facing role.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – can excel under time-sensitive deadlines and think strategically to problem solve when necessary, maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations, demonstrates emotional resilience.
- Ability to hustle and has innate sense of self-motivation – has the drive to succeed, can work independently, and is dedicated to finding creative solutions and helping out when there’s downtime.
- Ability to work independently and as a team – has excellent collaboration skills, would not shy away from asking questions, voicing his or her ideas, or asking for help in difficult situations.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the UK. Must be based in London and be available on a full-time basis.
- Interest in participating in the local arts community.
- Experience in a SaaS company a plus, but not required.
Artsy empowers a global audience to learn about, discover, and collect art. Our mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world.
We partner with leading museums, international galleries, auction houses, and art fairs to create the world’s largest marketplace for art, transforming one of the last industries to fully embrace technology by creating a more accessible and connected digital landscape for art consumption.
Artsy is a company with a culture that naturally empowers its employees to do their best and most creative work. We are working to expand access to the art world, deepen passion and engagement with art and those who create it, and impact culture on a global scale. At Artsy, we envision a future where everyone is moved by art everyday.
At Artsy there are no specific work hours or policies, no pointless bureaucracy. We only care that you achieve inspiring results and are a joy to work with. This means you must be highly energetic, enthusiastic, and resourceful—no problem is too big or too small for you to tackle. You will enjoy both responsibility and autonomy in your work.
WORKING AT ARTSY
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.