Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Do you have a passion for Data Science & Analytics and want to contribute to Artsy’s growing marketplace?
We’re always looking for people to join our Data team at Artsy, and sometimes timing is everything. That’s why we want to hear from you…whenever!
Submit your application with us today and we’ll keep your information on file. When we have an opening, we’ll reach out if there is a match.
Artsy's Data Science & Analytics team is embedded within a multidisciplinary Product group. Every Data Analyst collaborates closely with Product, Product Design, and Engineering to provide support across all of our products & operations by developing insights and enabling analytical and automated decision making. We build strong partnerships with key product & business leaders to drive better and faster decisions, work on challenges such as defining, implementing, and tracking company wide metrics, and leading initiatives to improve them.
We use Looker for data visualization and analysis, AWS Redshift for data warehousing and querying, Python for data manipulation and analysis, SQL for database querying and management, and dbt for data transformation and modeling.
Our Data team is located in Berlin and New York City – we are currently only able to support employment in these two locations.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to reimagine the art industry while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options specific to each region and/or location
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.