Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking an experienced art sales professional to join our Private Sales & Advisory business. Our Private Sales & Advisory team works with leading collectors globally to acquire hard-to-access works by the world’s leading emerging and established artists from Artsy’s gallery partners, auctions, and private collectors.
The ideal candidate has a robust book of loyal collector relationships and a proven track record of facilitating purchases and sales for their collectors for artworks valued at five-figures and above. This is a quota-carrying role that requires an individual who has a deep understanding of Private Sales best practices across the industry and impeccable client development and management skills. They should be passionate about working directly with collectors and connecting them to artworks they love—and also enthusiastic in working in a fast growing, lean, and nimble start-up environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate $3M+ in annual art sales
- Manage pipeline of sought-after artworks and negotiate to meet or exceed quarterly sales targets and revenue goals
- Execute the full cycle of a deal from outreach to clients for in-demand inventory to post-sale fulfillment
- Grow and maintain a strong book of business and pipeline through consistent outreach and in-person networking
- Anticipate hurdles that may arise during a deal and proactively take steps to move quickly to close
- Collaborate with team on pricing and proposals
- Understand internal deal process as well as and industry legal and regulatory frameworks and effectively communicate these processes to clients
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience buying and selling art on behalf of collectors
- You have a strong book of business across galleries, private collectors, auction houses, and dealers
- You have direct access to in-demand inventory by blue chip, established, and emerging artists and experience managing a sales pipeline to hit quarterly sales and revenue targets
- You are a highly effective and compelling verbal and written communicator who can juggle communication across a diverse client-base as well as with internal stakeholders.
- You have experience and comfort using data to mine for sales opportunities
- You are able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure
- You are excited to work collaboratively across a fast-growing team, sharing leads, clients, and sales opportunities
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to grow an industry-leading Private Sales organization, while working with a talented, diverse, international team.
- Competitive salary, commission plan, and equity
- Flexible time off: we empower Artsy employees to take time off based on their desires and needs that matter most to them
- We are a distributed-first company where employees have the flexibility to work from home. Offices are available for employees in New York, London, and Berlin. (In-person recommendations, and location will vary by role)
- Comprehensive healthcare & benefit options, including: medical, dental, parental leave, short- and long-term disability, Employee Assistance Program featuring free mental health support, 401k, commuter benefits, flexible spending accounts (FSA), health savings accounts (HSA), financial wellness support & resources, and more
- Professional development, including: mentoring, lunch & learns, regular training, 1:1 management, and an open feedback culture
- Engaging opportunities and internal programming globally, to foster new relationships and build upon our collaborative community. Including: happy hours, holiday parties, global "All Hands" meetings, "Artsy Salon" (a yearly exhibition of our team's creativity), attendance to art world events, and more
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.