Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is looking for proactive, organized Office Specialists to autonomously execute day-to-day operations and build a welcoming, inclusive experience in our Berlin and New York offices. Both positions are part-time (25 hours per week), temporary (6 months with potential to convert full-time), and will report to our New York-based Workplace Lead.
In this role you will be a key member of the Artsy Workplace team. The Workplace Team is responsible for creating an inspiring employee experience for our team – everything from the design and infrastructure of Artsy offices, to events that promote our people and culture, to employees’ virtual experience at work. The Workplace team’s mission is to envision, build, and maintain the operational infrastructure that supports our employees day-to-day experience working at Artsy.
As the Office Specialist, you will be responsible for everything that ensures the office runs smoothly, using your resourcefulness and attention to detail to keep the office in tip top shape. In addition, you will act as a welcoming and knowledgeable first point of contact for each office, team members, and guests.
- Act as the go-to point person for in-office questions and support from the team, and directly contribute to fostering a strong in-office community culture.
- Work with People Operations and IT Teams to prepare all new hires for onboarding
- Own all ongoing office processes such as kitchen & supply stocking, repairs & maintenance, employee requests
- Manage outside vendors, including cleaning staff, repair workers, deliveries, etc
- Plan & execute events for the team, including attending events outside of regular work hours
- Manage workplace systems such as request tickets and hot desking
- Work autonomously to ensure the office is cared for and processes are moving forward seamlessly. (In Berlin, you will work alongside a Berlin-based People Business Partner. In New York, you will work alongside our Workplace Lead.)
- 1+ years of professional (or comparable experience) in office management/operations, hospitality, and/or customer service
- Reliable — you’re punctual, responsive, on top of your schedule, and you always meet your deadlines
- Highly organized — you love checklists, processes, and catching every last detail
- Self-starter — you can structure your own days, find your own answers, and operate confidently on your own.
- Good prioritization — you’re able to quickly identify and tackle all matters of crises, in order of urgency
- Calm under pressure — you can bring order from chaos, stay solutions-focused, and keep your calm
- Strong communicator — you can interact with all types of personalities and you’re comfortable navigating feedback
- Hospitality mindset — you are friendly, gracious, and always thinking about your teammates’ experience
Preferred but not required:
- (Berlin-based candidates) Fluency in German strongly preferred
- Proficient in Google Suite, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.