Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is looking for a strategic and action-oriented HR business partner to foster healthy, effective teams capable of achieving Artsy’s ambitious goals.
The People Business Partner will primarily support our technical teams and their leaders. You will cultivate strong performance and engagement, enable clear team communication and feedback, drive org plans that deliver on business goals, and coach managers. You will become a trusted advisor enabling the larger Artsy team to do great work and embody Artsy’s core values.
Additionally, this role will be the first People Team hire in Artsy’s Berlin office, and therefore the pillar for the People Team’s presence in Berlin. As such, you will collaborate closely with a part-time employee responsible for daily office operations and contribute to ensuring an overall fantastic employee experience for our Berlin team.
- Develop trusted relationships with people leaders and employees by providing insightful coaching and mentorship
- Drive organizational change management with team leaders, ensuring their teams are informed and energized through transitions
- Provide rigorous performance management, proactive talent & succession planning, and hands-on employee relations support to teams
- Partner with team leaders and Recruitment Team to strategically think about talent growth
- Directly confront any potential conflicts with honesty and thoughtfulness
- Ensure that all people programs are inclusive, equitable, and compliant
- Act as a pillar of the Berlin office and collaborate with Berlin Workplace team
- ~3+ years experience in HR or team management at German companies; familiar with HR and talent best practices
- Action oriented and experience shifting priorities as needed by the business
- Clear and directive communication skills over email and in person
- Strong people judgment and discretion; understanding how to handle personal and sensitive information
- Analytical & data-driven with experience in Excel and spreadsheets
- Resilient and empathetic — ability to support teams through tough transitions or stressful periods
- Professional fluency in German preferred
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.