Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
We are looking for a Product Designer with strong expertise in crafting a compelling customer experience focused on cross-platform mobile app experiences. Your role will be to shape and elevate our customer experience. You’ll need to employ holistic thinking, a user-centered design approach and outstanding design craft skills to deliver value and delight for Artsy’s customer base.
You will be part of the Product Design team. This team is embedded within a multidisciplinary Product group that is focused on creating engaging, frictionless UX&D solutions for empowering collectors to discover new artists, stay up-to-date with the artists they collect, and grow their art collection purposefully. Every product designer collaborates closely with Product, Data, and Engineering on their product teams to research, ship iteratively, shape the roadmap, and set a collective vision.
As a Product Designer, you’ll play an important role in bringing to life products and features that are valuable for people, consistent and of the highest level of craft and execution. You’ll help to build Artsy’s design practice. We’ll look to you for new ideas and an infectious passion for design.
This is a fantastic opportunity to shape behavior change and customer experience within an emerging online marketplace in the Art world!
- Work with product, engineering and data to create an experience that increases collector engagement, builds loyalty, and drives sales growth.
- Refine, test and iterate until solutions reach elegance in usability and efficiency in achieving outcomes that serve both the customer and the business.
- Communicate with clarity your intent and rationale so as to influence stakeholders, build knowledge in the team and foster constructive criticism of your work.
- Contribute to the evolution of our design system to achieve a consistent, cohesive visual language across all user touchpoints.
- Conduct research, and use qualitative and quantitative data to identify important product insights and opportunities that can be translated into impactful designs by you and the team.
- Strengthen collaborative relationships between Design and other teams’ disciplines, inviting input and creating visibility into processes and work.
- 2+ years of product design experience, working on end-to-end product development in an e-commerce marketplace, agency, or similar transferable product.
- Fluent in designing native mobile applications on both Android and iOS platforms.
- Fluent in responsive design
- Possessing strong design fundamentals, visual design (typography, color, composition), interaction design and UI design patterns.
- Proficient in a range of design and prototyping tools.
- Able to effectively communicate the rationale behind design decisions to the wider team and stakeholders, informed by user research and data insights.
- Able to work cross-collaboratively, build empathy with others, and focus on common goals.
- Experience collaborating with designers and engineers on a shared design system, and understanding how to scale that system successfully.
- Experience shipping products and iterating towards improvement, while fostering a passionate curiosity to better understand the users.
Preferred, not required:
- Experience with a global marketplace.
- Experience in coding HTML and CSS (understanding the concepts, no production-grade fluency required)
- Experience with motion design
- Formal education in information technology and/or a graphic design discipline with specialization in user interface and digital media production.
- A natural curiosity; a love of art and culture.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.