Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking a highly-organized Project Manager to help prepare, launch, and manage all auctions on our centralized platform and support our growing roster of Commercial Auction House and Benefit Auction Partners, as well as Artsy’s Secondary Market team.
Artsy offers a centralized online platform for our partners to promote auctions, expand their client base, maximize bids, and support auction operations with our suite of cloud-based and mobile tools. As an Associate Project Manager or Project Manager (pending experience), you will be supporting the Auction Partnerships & Enablement team and helping them manage day-to-day relationships with our Commercial Auction House and Benefit Auction Partners, ensuring a smooth experience for listing and executing their sales on Artsy. The ideal candidate has experience with Auction Houses, strong attention to detail, and superb project management skills.
- Collaborate with Auction Partnerships to manage auction house and benefit auction partner accounts on a day-to-day basis, including advising on our auction product offerings and managing auction timelines.
- Prepare, launch, and manage all auctions on Artsy using our suite of internal products.
- Support all auction partner accounts in the use of Artsy’s suite of cloud-based and mobile tools, including Artsy’s clerking software.
- Coordinate virtual event logistics and provide remote event support for benefit auctions.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering stakeholders, and report on auction partner and user feedback to be considered and prioritized.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of auction results.
- 2 - 5+ Years of experience in the art market (preferably an auction house).
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets: Background, coursework, or experience in advanced Google Sheets and Excel Sheets is required. Experience with artwork metadata or cataloguing is a plus.
- Communication & Collaboration: Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, would not shy away from asking questions, voicing his or her ideas, or asking for help in difficult situations.
- Calm Under Pressure: Has excelled under pressure and time-sensitive deadlines, is a problem solver, and maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations.
- Hustle & Self-Motivation: Has a drive to succeed, can work independently, and is dedicated to finding creative solutions and helping out when there’s downtime.
- Interest in Online Marketplaces: Has experience or interest in art history or the commercial art world, and is excited to learn from, and contribute to, a top online auction platform.
Preferred, but not required:
- Fluency in French, Italian, or German is a plus.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.