Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for overseeing billing operations and processes across Artsy’s increasingly complex revenue streams.
As Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will join the Finance & Accounting function at a dynamic tech company, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. The Accounting team is responsible for all financial reporting, invoicing customers, making payments to vendors and employees. Members of the Accounting team have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Artsy’s business. The ideal candidate is someone passionate about being a part of a rapidly evolving company and role in which they will directly support the scaling of an increasingly complex financial organization.
As Artsy’s business continues to diversify and grow, the Accounts Receivable Specialist will ensure that customers are invoiced correctly and that payments are received in a timely manner. This will help Artsy to maintain positive customer relationships and make important business and strategic decisions.
- Maintain NetSuite records for invoices generated, payments received, and customer information
- Communicate directly with Artsy customers across all revenue streams to request and collect payment
- Liaise with internal Artsy teams to report on invoicing needs, customer payment statuses, and escalation procedures as needed. Create and maintain spreadsheets to provide internal teams with visibility into A/R statuses.
- Develop processes to improve and scale Artsy’s receivables processes
- Maintain reconciliations as a part of the month-end close process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience with collections, invoicing, and/or accounts receivable
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and basic accounting principles
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently, as well as contribute to the needs of the Accounting team, and the Artsy business at large
- Ability to maintain an uncompromising level of accuracy and prioritization while juggling a large amount of information
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.