Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking an experienced and driven Manager with familiarity with Nonprofits, Auction Houses and the Secondary Market. Artsy offers a centralized online platform for our partners to promote auctions, expand their client base, maximize bids, and support auction operations with our suite of cloud-based and mobile tools.
The Artsy Auction Partnerships team brings on and manages our Benefit Auction and Commercial Auction House partners. The Manager will be responsible for managing top tier partnerships, stewarding relationships, and expanding collaborations - with a focus on the benefit auction vertical. The ideal candidate has experience with nonprofits, a strong business development record, and honed interpersonal skills.
- Collaborate with Artsy Auction team leadership and the Auction Partnerships team to achieve auction cadence, support OKRs, and manage calendar of sales.
- Collaborate with Auction Operations and Auction Collector Relations teams to manage benefit auction partner accounts on a day-to-day basis.
- Understand partner needs and use Biz Dev opportunities to drive innovation in processes and opportunities.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are fully aware of the state of each partner’s expectations and needs, and communicate business and partnership updates.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Artsy on cross-team initiatives, and integrate Auction Partners into team-wide projects.
- Research nonprofit and auction house market and stay abreast of developments and opportunities in the auction business - sales, revenue, categories and calendar.
- 5+ years of experience in the art market
- 2+ years of business development experience
- Client relationships and proven sales track record
- Highly effective and compelling verbal and written communicator; with a strong sense of empathy
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.