Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is seeking an experienced sales leader to join the Advisory Team at Artsy. Artsy Advisory aims to provide best-in-class access to the online art world by seamlessly connecting collectors to the art they most want. Through Artsy, collectors can acquire artworks from partners around the globe, privately or at auction.
We are seeking a seasoned sales professional who is excited to unlock new revenue opportunities for Artsy. This is a quota carrying role that requires an individual who has a strong track record of sales and is passionate about working directly with collectors and connecting them to artworks they love. The ideal candidate has a strong existing client list.
- Close sales and deals. Drive individual sales through proactive outreach strategy to top collector accounts;
- Utilize art market knowledge to identify specific client needs and ensure we connect collectors to works they love. Able to proactively identify and report on trends rooted in analytics and act upon them to grow the sales funnel.
- Serve as Artsy ambassador at auctions, fairs and art events, occasionally with travel to domestic and international destinations when deemed appropriate
- 7+ years experience of professional experience in art sales with proven success in $100,000+, blue-chip transactions
- Established book of business and client relationships with art collectors and a proven sales track record. Demonstrated ability to convert $5M+ in sales per year.
- Experience handling a large volume sales pipeline and comfort with commission based compensation
- Highly effective and compelling verbal and written communicator who can juggle communication across a diverse target client-base and with internal stakeholders.
- Technologically savvy. Able to identify opportunities to drive conversion through technology, data, and marketing.
- Ability to work efficiently in fast-paced environment and can maintain calm under pressure
- Working within or near standard New York (ET) hours, including a flexible schedule for potential future travel and to attend events outside of standard working hours.
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.