Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated account executive to join one of the most exciting companies in the art world at the intersection of fine art and technology.
The Sales Account Executive will manage and upsell a portfolio of art galleries across Europe, Middle East and Africa, as well as sign on new galleries. As an Account Executive, you will report to the Sales Director in your region and be responsible for growing your book of business through subscription revenue upsells, new business development and managing client best practices to drive artwork sales and grow Artsy’s marketplace.
This is a target-oriented team where your contributions have a direct impact on Artsy’s bottom line. All account executives have individual targets and KPIs to achieve quarterly. The role requires an individual who is able to work with a discerning clientele, have high level strategic conversations and deliver sales at scale. You will use internal data to make smart decisions and identify areas of opportunities for your gallery partners to ensure a successful partnership and their ongoing engagement with the platform. You will be an ambassador for Artsy with new and existing galleries and pitch our value proposition and mission of expanding the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Salary will be base plus commission.
- Maintain active relationships with Artsy's gallery partners, directly managing a portfolio of 90+ accounts
- Identify opportunities to upsell partners and renew annual subscriptions to meet and exceed revenue growth goals
- Maintain a full pipeline of opportunities and support high velocity through the sales funnel using Artsy’s core sales operating systems (i.e. Salesforce).
- Working cross functionally with New Business, Partner Support, Operations, and Marketing among other functions to drive initiatives that would support these galleries
- Provide strategic support for managing galleries’ online profiles and inventory on Artsy identifying opportunities to maximise on-platform transactions
- Contribute to developing and executing regional strategies
- 2+ years of work experience in a sales role—specifically in B2B sales and/or account management, with a proven track record in new business acquisition, client retention, upsells, and/or customer acquisition.
- Professional fluency in German or French required
- Extremely self motivated and solutions-oriented with a drive to succeed and can work independently.
- Metrics-driven and results-oriented
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills, and has practiced this in a customer or client facing role
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – can excel under time-sensitive deadlines and think strategically to problem solve when necessary, maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations, demonstrates emotional resilience
- Experience with CRM sales tools (i.e. Salesforce) desired but not required
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.