Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
In support of creating a diverse and global marketplace, we are seeking an Engineering Manager to grow our Engineering presence in Berlin and cultivate a motivated and inspired team.
Throughout your career you have committed yourself to products over multiple releases and shipped software as an individual contributor, technical lead and people manager within a strong tech organization.
You're equally passionate about beautiful code as you are growing individuals and building inspiring products that users love, in support of creating a world where people are moved by art every day.
- Cultivate a team culture that aligns with company goals and Artsy’s mission/vision/values
- Set direct reports up for success in a distributed team organization — enable individual career growth, development, and business impact
- Represent and advocate for the engineering team in planning, product and design meetings
- Facilitate constructive collaboration between teammates, business stakeholders, and peers
- Work with other Engineering Managers to align priorities and build consensus
- Hire and grow individual contributors and enable them to do their best work
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Partner with the PM and Tech Lead of your team to accelerate delivery and get the team to a high-performing state
- Leverage your impact by sharing your expertise via Lunch & Learns, blog posts, pair programming, mentoring, and other avenues.
- Can recruit a world-class engineering team; brings a “servant leadership” approach to developing and empowering their team to achieve its greatest potential
- Thought leader — brings diverse perspective, experience, and DNA to Artsy’s Engineering team and decision making
- Ability to align and manage distributed teams internationally
- Proven track record of applying software engineering best practices to ship complex applications at scale
- Experience managing a team of engineers and managing technical leads is a plus
- Skilled with managing in a matrixed engineering organization strongly preferred
- Has strong opinions, loosely held. You will change our team, and our team will change you.
- Feels resonance with Artsy’s vision along with its engineering principles
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.