Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
As a Technical Product Manager at Artsy, you will lead the Platform Team. In this role, you will enable product teams to ship high-quality work quickly and safely.
The Platform team at Artsy is responsible for engineering velocity, shared infrastructure, security, and core APIs. This includes engineering-wide tools and practices such as for continuous integration, deployment, monitoring, and data. At the center of a scaling marketplace, the team strives to support the product's multiple web and mobile applications (as well as partner integrations) with powerful APIs, strong security, and reliable infrastructure.
- Set Artsy's platform roadmap in support of velocity, security, and performance goals
- Determine service levels and expectations for Artsy's core services and infrastructure
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization as well as external partners and providers
- Champion launches and manage migrations across an evolving engineering environment
- Ensure your team maintains a healthy balance of innovation, investment, and maintenance.
- 5+ years experience in technical product management and/or engineering leadership role with experience working within an agile development team.
- Ability to articulate platform product vision and inspire your core team and stakeholders around an outcome
- Ability to understand technical challenges and make educated trade-offs
- Ability to identify tech trends and drive innovation
- Effectively creates alignment across teams on product roadmap and prioritization
- Clear, concise communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences
Preferred, but not required:
- Two-sided marketplace, luxury ecommerce experience or fin-tech consumer experience
- Experience managing an API, machine-learning, or data-centric product
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.