Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
We are currently seeking a driven Senior Business Development Manager who will grow the consignments business at Artsy by engaging their own personal network and third parties, as a source of consignment property and driver of sales. The Consignments team is a recent area of business investment that aims to create more liquidity in the market and enable collectors to sell and rotate their collection more frequently, seamlessly and with the best outcome.
They will be responsible for building out and activating a network of collectors, advisors and business entities. The ideal candidate has a strong book of business and an extensive network with experienced collectors, experience in business development, strong knowledge of the market and pre-existing relationships with art world entities.
- Source consignment property via own network quarterly
- Continue to build a network of collectors, advisors, collection managers and business entities; Manage these ongoing relationships
- Create a partnership pitch with an enticing referral structure
- Develop a process for selling private sales property
- 7+ years of professional experience (preferably in business development or art advisory)
- Background and expertise in contemporary art (knowledge of market, trends, pricing, authentication)
- Superb client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills; superb attention to detail
- Comfort operating independently in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of artwork sales and client development
- Experience working in an auction house strongly preferred
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.