Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy seeks a sales and account management professional to manage and upsell a portfolio of galleries and close new business opportunities across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The Partner Success Account Executive reports to our “Secondary Market Dealers” (SMD) team. This B2B sales team directly manages Artsy’s secondary art market gallery partner accounts. You will contribute to a dynamic marketplace, facilitate global artwork sales and help our team increase Artsy’s net Monthly Recurring Revenue by managing, educating and upselling our gallery partners.
The role requires an individual who is able to manage customers and deliver sales at scale. You will use data to identify successful and disengaged galleries, and make smart decisions to renew, upsell and engage galleries accordingly. You will define and pitch Artsy's value proposition to prospective gallery partners, driving subscription revenue to sustain Artsy's long-term mission of expanding the art market to support more artists and art in the world. This is a target-oriented role where your contributions have a direct impact on Artsy’s bottom line.
- Maintain active relationships with Artsy's gallery partners, directly managing a portfolio of ~90-100 accounts
- Identify opportunities to upsell partners and renew annual subscriptions to meet and exceed revenue retention goals
- Maintain a full pipeline of new business opportunities and support high velocity through the sales funnel using Artsy’s sales operating systems (Salesforce, Outreach, Partner Admin)
- Provide strategic support for managing galleries’ online profiles and inventory on Artsy
- Work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders across Artsy’s business to provide partner feedback and drive initiatives that support the success of your gallery partners
- Contribute to developing and executing regional strategies in collaboration with the New Business team
- 3+ years of work experience in a sales role—specifically in full-cycle B2B sales and/or account management, with a proven track record in client retention, upsells, and/or customer acquisition.
- Extremely self motivated and solutions-oriented with a drive to succeed and can work independently.
- Metrics-driven and results-oriented
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills, and has practiced this in a customer or client facing role
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – can excel under time-sensitive deadlines and think strategically to problem solve when necessary, maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations, demonstrates emotional resilience
Preferred, not required:
- Professional fluency in French, German, Spanish or Italian is a plus
- Experience with CRM sales tools (e.g. Salesforce)
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.