Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, offering more than 1 million works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 leading galleries, fairs, auction houses, and institutions across 190 countries.
Artsy seeks an Account Executive to manage and upsell a portfolio of galleries across North and South America.
The Sales Account Executive will manage and upsell a portfolio of art galleries across North & South America, or Europe, Middle East, and Africa, or the Asia Pacific—as well as sign on new galleries. As an Account Executive, you will report to the Sales Director in your region and be responsible for growing your book of business through subscription revenue upsells, and managing client best practices to drive artwork sales and grow Artsy’s marketplace.
The role requires an individual who is able to manage customers and deliver sales at scale. You will use data to identify successful and disengaged galleries, and make smart decisions to renew, upsell and engage galleries accordingly. You will define and pitch Artsy's value prop to galleries, driving subscription revenue to sustain Artsy's long-term mission of expanding the art market to support more artists and art in the world. This is a target-oriented team where your contributions have a direct impact on Artsy’s bottom line.
- Maintain active relationships with Artsy's gallery partners, directly managing a portfolio of ~80+ accounts
- Identify opportunities to upsell partners and renew annual subscriptions to meet and exceed revenue growth goals
- Maintain a full pipeline of opportunities and support high velocity through the sales funnel using Artsy’s core sales operating systems (i.e. Salesforce).
- Working cross functionally with New Business, Partner Support, Operations, and Marketing among other functions to drive initiatives that would support these galleries
- Provide strategic support for managing galleries’ online profiles and inventory on Artsy identifying opportunities to maximize on-platform transactions
- Contribute to developing and executing regional strategies
- 3+ years of work experience in a sales role—specifically in B2B sales and/or account management, with a proven track record in client retention, upsells, and/or customer acquisition.
- Extremely self motivated and solutions-oriented with a drive to succeed and can work independently.
- Metrics-driven and results-oriented
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills, and has practiced this in a customer or client facing role
- Ability to remain calm under pressure – can excel under time-sensitive deadlines and think strategically to problem solve when necessary, maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations, demonstrates emotional resilience
- Experience with CRM sales tools (i.e. Salesforce) desired but not required
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media strategy desired but not required
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Artsy has five core values that will inform your experience at Artsy.
For the Love of Art: We have relentless curiosity, empathy, and passion for collectors, artists, and the art market. We are here to make the art world more fair and welcoming.
Own Our Outcomes: We are all individual owners of Artsy’s shared success. We are resourceful and resilient, and to get the job done, we each take responsibility for our outcomes.
Lead with Openness: We trust in our teammates. We seek diverse perspectives, communicate authentically, and act with integrity. A more open art world starts with us.
Transform Together: Our mission asks us to challenge the status quo. We embrace feedback, learning, and change so that we can transform our industry, our company, and ourselves.
Impact Over Perfection: Using both art and science, we debate and decide swiftly and iterate on our plans as we learn. To make the biggest impact, we prioritize speed and clarity of action over perfection.
Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.