Artsy’s mission is to expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world. Artsy has created the world’s largest two-sided art marketplace, with more than 1,000,000 works by 100,000 artists from 4,000 of the world’s leading galleries, auction houses, art fairs, and institutions across 190 countries. We are currently seeking a Chief Marketing Officer to unlock the platform’s full potential for global expansion.
Artsy has raised over $100M in funding from investors including Avenir Growth Capital, Thrive Capital, L Catterton, Founders Fund, Larry Gagosian (founder, Gagosian Gallery) and Joe Gebbia (co-founder, Airbnb) among others.
Artsy’s Board of Directors includes Josh Kushner (founder Thrive Capital, Cadre, Oscar), Rich Barton (founder Expedia, Glassdoor, Zillow), Bob Pittman (founder MTV, CEO of AOL Networks, Century 21, Six Flags, iHeartMedia), Sky Dayton (founder Earthlink, Boingo), Michael Farello (L Catterton), Andrew Sugrue (Avenir), Carter Cleveland (Artsy Founder & Executive Chairman), and Mike Steib (Artsy CEO, former CEO XO Group, Inc.).
The Chief Marketing Officer will drive revenue by growing our base of art buyers and sellers and better connecting the two.
- Protect and grow Artsy’s industry-leading brand
- Set and execute multichannel marketing growth strategy
- Partner with our product, engineering & data teams to execute technology-led opportunities for growth
- Develop holistic approach for mapping consumers’ multi-channel experiences to inform brand growth strategy
- Design operational and testing frameworks to optimize marketing campaigns and to improve search, personalization, and targeting
- Drive international ‘sell-side’ expansion across the platform
- Oversee and leverage Communications, PR, Events, Merchandising, Creative, and Brand to support Artsy’s marketplace expansion
- Identify, recruit, and build world-class creative marketing teams
- Creative and agile marketing executive in digital consumer space
- Proven track record of scaling dynamic marketing orgs
- Experience driving B2C+B2B marketing and brand growth
- Facility with data
- Inspiring leader who empowers their team to do its best work
- Thrives in high-velocity, outcome-oriented environment
- Aligned to Artsy core values and commitment to diversity
- Marketplace and/or Luxury industry experience, a plus
- Experience with and passion for art strongly preferred
ARTSY'S CORE VALUES
Art x Science: We believe in uniting empathy with logic, emotion with data, and intuition with research in everything we do. Whether in business strategy or design, culture or code, we seek the magic that happens when the often separate worlds of art and science come together.
People are Paramount: We spend extraordinary energy finding the best person for a job—and once found, we give them the trust and autonomy to be CEO of their role. We avoid pointless bureaucracy and prefer to empower people with information rather than limit them with process.
Quality Worthy of Art: We aim to create an experience worthy of all the world’s art and so hold ourselves to the highest standards in all our work. We believe that the best long term quality comes from rapid shipping, iterating, and learning as we go.
Positive Energy: We know positivity and optimism benefit our work, and we harness positive energy as a vehicle towards greater awareness, growth, and collaboration. We believe in cultivating a positive relationship to art as opposed to one based on exclusivity or scarcity.
Openness: We believe in being open with each other and the world—whether in open-sourcing our code, sharing feedback, or building a diverse and inclusive work culture. We believe in bringing our full selves to work and manifesting an open world where everyone has access to art.
Expand the art market to support more artists and art in the world
A future where everyone is moved by art every day
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Given our vision to ultimately serve all humans, diversity and inclusion are central to the very purpose of our company. And so we believe that diversity should be reflected in both the people we serve and the team who serves them. Therefore Artsy is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.