Who we are
We're an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We're a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with Mona in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery of NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum in Washington DC. We specialise in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
A little about the role...
As our new Senior Project Accountant, your primary responsibility is to provide accurate reporting at a project level. You’ll play a critical role ensuring project costs are managed to baseline and our environment of strong financial control is maintained. You’ll make process updates where appropriate to keep our systems and workflow smooth and effective. This is a hands on role and will see you involved in procure-to-pay, management of project expenditure and sole responsibility for the financial and management reporting for both internal and client projects. You may also be required to assist with general financial reporting and compliance tasks, as and when required.
You’ll work across a number of exciting and varied projects with teams spanning across Australia and the USA. Reporting to the CFO, you’ll work alongside project managers and will be required to travel between our Melbourne and Hobart offices as and when required.
This role can be based either out of Melbourne or Hobart.
You could be the one if you...
- Hold an accounting degree
- CPA/CA qualified
- Have deep management, financial and/or project accounting experience
- Proven budgeting and forecasting capabilities
- Are able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- MS Navision or Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience highly regarded
- Have strong spreadsheeting skills
- Are an exceptionally effective communicator which will see you being able to work with a diverse group of people and get the output you require in order to keep projects on budget and governance standards maintained
- Are able to work collaboratively in a team within a fast-paced agile environment
- Are still genuinely enthused by how finance professionals can contribute to the success of projects and the organisation in general
We promote a friendly, human work environment providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You'll be part of a small finance team that functions across multiple jurisdictions and some of the most innovative and creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.