Who we are
We're an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We're a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum. We specialise in creating magical experiences whilst seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
We’re looking for our next iOS developer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team and bring our product offering to life. You’ll help create innovative and effective content and and great experience solutions that empower our wide range of clients to consistently deliver world-class visitor experiences.
A little about the role...
In this role you will be responsible for the development of mobile applications and systems that fulfil Art Processors mission of "building software that impacts peoples' experience of space in new and novel ways". You will work closely with the company’s engineering team to ensure system consistency and stability and always strive to improve the user experience.
We need a iOS developer to hone our offerings to enable us to continually exceed our clients’ expectations.
We’re an extremely collaborative group, and that’s music to your ears – you are ambitious and humble in equal measure. And you thrive in a creative, team environment. Developers collaborate with designers, architects and other technologists. All are encouraged to work fluidly across domains, contributing to all aspects of the build from concept to final installation.
You could be the one if you...
- Proficient with the native tooling and development environments for iOS apps such as Xcode, Interface Builder, LLDB and Instruments.
- A confident reader and writer of Swift and Objective-C, able to apply idiomatic conventions in both languages.
- Experienced with common first-party platform frameworks and technologies such as Foundation (including standard networking and localisation stacks), UIKit and Auto Layout, Core Animation, and iOS accessibility technologies such as VoiceOver.
- Familiar with one or more specialised frameworks like Core Location, AVFoundation, Core Bluetooth, MapKit, SceneKit or ARKit.
- Competent with code signing, Xcode build system, and deployment services such as App Store Connect.
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You'll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what's possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.