Who we are
We're an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We're a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum. We specialise in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
A little about the role...
We build systems that model the relationship between spatial features and the creative works within them, with a focus on human-scale visitor experiences (which is a fancy way of saying "museum", but there’s more to it than that). We have developed a platform to allow us to work on a large number of simultaneous creative projects with both generalised and bespoke features.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Business Development Director to join us in this period of growth.
The Business Development Director is the central resource for all incoming sales, business development, account management, and marketing in Australia and the greater Asia Pacific (APAC) region for Art Processors. The BDD will research opportunities and develop and execute plans to compete for new business, including oversight of pre-solicitation and proposal activities. This position will require regular national and international travel.
You could be the one if you...
- Have experience in the above working with clients in the arts and culture sectors.
- Have extensive experience in the acquisition of new business within a technology company.
- Have the ability to manage and grow complex client relationships.
- Have a strong sense of ownership of projects, and exceptional organisational abilities.
- Able to work seamlessly with a global, remote-team, across time zones and cultures.
- Are a great team player: have high energy level, commitment to colleagues and team, and willingness to do "whatever it takes."
Roles and Responsibilities...
- Proactive outreach and successful lead generation with prospects, existing clients and/or collaborators that leverage AP’s strengths and are in line with AP’s vision for future work and services.
- Research and build strategic long-term relationships with new clients, turning this into increased business.
- Proposal writing and development, in response to organic leads or inbound requests such as RFPs.
- Identify and mobilise internal teams to design, price and staff high-quality, award-winning projects, ensuring proposals are fully compliant with RFP requirements and successfully meet AP’s annual revenue targets.
- Cultivate excellent external relationships with selected prospects, clients and partner organisations in the cultural sector and software development communities.
- Act as a subject matter expert for AP’s line of products, including the MOS platform and data reporting & analytics, offering value to each client by understanding their needs.
- Work with marketing, communications and design to develop strategic, targeted communications on issues of branding, external positioning, collateral materials development, website and social media presence, and other business development initiatives.
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You'll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what's possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.