Who we are
We're an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We're a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum. We specialize in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
We’re looking for our next UX/UI designer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team to work across both visitor facing projects for international clients, as well as our internal product offering.
It takes a special kind of human...
You’re imaginative yet thorough - balancing creative with the underlying needs of the user. You’ll find a way (or make your own) even when the path isn’t clear. And you’ll keep an acute level of attention to detail the whole way through. You can juggle projects, priorities and workloads, but manage to complete them all with a high level of effectiveness.
While you can put your head down and self-manage through multiple projects at once, you’re just as good at bouncing around ideas, communicating your concepts, and collaborating with the broader team.
We’re an extremely collaborative group, and that’s music to your ears – you are ambitious and humble in equal measure. And you thrive in a team environment.
Some qualities you must possess...
- Experience in designing complete and considered digital interfaces
- Confident communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas to a wide range of disciplines
- The capacity to engage with clients, products and challenges in meaningful ways. The ability to ask insightful questions, active listening, and engaging more deeply with problems
- Experience building wireframes and prototypes to communicate and understand human needs in an experience
- An ability to collaborate with individuals from various disciplines and experience working with developers to see designs through to implementation
- Knowledge of Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, prototyping and presentation software or services, and font management
- 3+ years professional experience in digital design roles
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You'll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what's possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.