Who we are
We're an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We're a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum. We specialize in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
We’re looking for our next graphic designer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team and bring one of our interesting projects to life. You’ll help create innovative and effective content and experience management solutions that empower our wide range of clients to consistently deliver world-class visitor experiences.
About the role...
You will provide creative graphic design work alongside a diverse team. Your focus will be on providing key communication design for an integrated experience encompassing gallery spaces, interactive multimedia and built forms.
You will be responsible for producing a range of outputs at every phase of the project - from creating mood boards for the exhibition look and feel during the design development phase, creating all design elements, exhibition design guidelines and prototypes during the design documentation phase and preparing briefing documentation and undertaking research on suitable suppliers for printing and install during the build phase.
Some qualities you must possess...
- A well organised self-starter and creative thinker who excels in graphic design in the Gallery, Museum, or cultural centre sector.
- A strong command for the craft of graphic design, including how physical manifestations of the design integrate with the digital.
- Confident communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly to a variety of stakeholders.
- An ability to collaborate with individuals from various disciplines.
- The ability to generate and refine ideas into thoughtful, provocative concepts.
- 4+ years professional experience in graphic design roles.
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You'll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what's possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.