Who we are
We're an international experiential design consultancy with offices in Australia and North America. We're a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum. We specialize in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
We’re looking for our next back-end developer to join our diverse and multidisciplinary team and bring our product offering to life. You’ll help create innovative and effective content and experience management solutions that empower our wide range of clients to consistently deliver world-class visitor experiences.
In a nutshell...
We build systems that model the relationship between spatial features and the creative works within them, with a focus on human-scale visitor experiences (which is a fancy way of saying "museum", but there’s more to it than that). We have developed a platform to allow us to work on a large number of simultaneous creative projects with both generalised and bespoke features.
We need a back-end developer to hone our platform to enable us to continually exceed our clients’ expectations.
You will initially work closely with our team and play a key role in implementing the Art Processors platform. You will help grow an innovative yet stable platform into a comprehensive, integrated offering for our many diverse clients. So, if you have solid technical skills, a growth mindset and the ability to get stuff done, then this could be the job for you.
- 3-4 years of Python experience
- Some experience with another language
That’s it! We have a bunch of other stuff that would be nice to have, but isn’t required. Anything you don’t know, we are happy to teach. We make use of all of the following technologies in one way or another:
- GRPC and Protocol Buffers
- Docker and Kubernetes
- TypeScript and React for front-ends
- Rust and Go for some small pieces at the periphery
We’re an extremely collaborative group, and that’s music to your ears – you are ambitious, inquisitive and humble in equal measure. And you thrive in a team environment.
You could be the one if you...
- Have the ability to handle complex projects with multiple technologies and integrations with dynamic requirements
- Are a nice person who cares about their work
- Have a strong ability to communicate well in person and in writing
- Are a curious, questioning person committed to continual learning who looks to make improvements
- Are comfortable combining autonomy and review across several iterations to converge on consistent, robust implementations that meets desired goals
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You'll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what's possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Have opportunities to continually learn, grow and develop your skills
- Have access to benefits which support your wellbeing
- Be able to work flexibly with access to different leave types and flexible work arrangements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
At AP we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our clients. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.