Artium Technologies was born out of a desire to help innovators and disruptors harness the full power of modern software technologies. Our machine learning practice starts with the belief that ML engineering is still software engineering. We care passionately about our craft.
We’re dedicated to growth through discipline, collaboration, and mentorship. Our goal is to design, implement, and deploy reliable machine learning solutions in short, iterative cycles.
We practice lower-case ‘a’ agile, implemented as a mix of XP (extreme programming), lean, and user centered design. We have strong opinions loosely held and are always exploring new and better ways to build software systems and organize teams.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
We’re searching for someone who loves both the practice of engineering and the application of statistical learning. From concept to deployment, you will play a key role in creating a variety of machine learning tools.
If you were part of our team, you might have already:
- Helped a financial services company identify related transactions over time
- Helped a dating app predict how often their current system would lead to matched
- Modeled our values of pursuing mastery, humanity, and courage. Check here to see what that means to us.
Skills and experience our team needs:
- Strong grounding in the practice of effective software engineering
- Significant knowledge in one or more areas of machine learning
- Skilled in at least one general ML framework (scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Able to quickly explore, summarize, and clean a dataset programmatically
- Comfort with the math that underpins ML: calculus, linear algebra, optimization
- The ability to learn, understand, and apply unfamiliar statistical models
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience deploying ML models to a production environment
- Experience with / desire to master the art of test-driven development
- Experience or interest in writing code as a pair (two people, one keyboard)
- Experience with DevOps / continuous integration tools and platforms
- Experience with ETL tools (like Airflow) and/or big data tools (like Spark)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Advanced degrees are great; self-learners are awesome, too!
What we can give you:
- A culture fundamentally based on software development best practices. We actually do this stuff.
- A holistic approach to work-life balance based on sustainable pace
- Career plans for people on the leadership track -or- pure technical track
- Take time to recharge with three weeks of paid time off annually
- A remote-based environment that will remain flexible for the foreseeable future. We also have physical offices in major cities around the U.S.
- All the supplies you need to work from home successfully—including a mechanical keyboard of your choice
- Full coverage of Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance—for your family, too
- 401k contributions to invest in your future
- Subscriptions to ClassPass, Headspace, Spotify, and two of the following: Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+
- Sick days, company holidays, bereavement days, and a volunteer day
Artium is experiencing exponential growth! Not sure the above sounds exactly like you but you’re still interested in joining us? We’d love to hear from you! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a note about what you think you can add to our teams.
Artium Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.