Artium Technologies was born out of a vision to advance the craft of software development for creators, visionaries, and humanity. We’re searching for developers who care passionately about the craft of software development and are hungry to level up.
We’re dedicated to growth through discipline, collaboration, and mentorship. Our goal is to master the art of building software as small teams of passionate craftspeople. We help our clients—from brand new start-ups to tech companies and enterprise organizations—implement their own diverse cultures of software development mastery.
We practice lower-case ‘a’ agile implemented as a mix of XP (extreme programming), lean, and user centered design. We have strong opinions loosely held and are always exploring new and better ways to build software systems and organize teams.
A week in the life at Artium:
- Start the day with a quick standup.
- Dive into a mix of pair or solo programming, depending on the task at hand.
- Take time for lunch and breaks
- Sign off and recharge at the end of the work day
- Finish the week with a team retrospective
- Cross collaborate with product managers and designers.
- Own your calendar: spend most of your time coding instead of in meetings, join the activities that interest you.
- Join engineering craft workshops where you’ll share ideas and get exposed to new techniques.
- Mentor others in your areas of expertise.
- Take time to study new methods, technologies, or other areas of interest.
- Model our values of pursuing mastery, humanity, and courage. Read more here to see what that means to us.
Some things you might have in your background:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Full-stack Software Development experience in a variety of functional or OO languages (e.g. Ruby, Java, Elixir, Python, C#, Go, Typescript)
- Experience with agile methodologies (XP, kanban, scrum, etc.)
- Experience with full-stack development
- You value cooperation and view software development as a team activity
- You’re comfortable collaborating in a remote environment
- You have strong opinions loosely held
- You’re committed to your craft and have a desire for continuous learning and growth
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Pair Programming
- Test Driven Development
- Incremental architecture
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Bringing new products to market
- Automating infrastructure in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Mentoring other developers
- Leading product or engineering teams
What we can give you:
- A culture fundamentally based on software development best practices. We actually do this stuff.
- A holistic approach to work-life balance based on sustainable pace
- Career plans for people on the leadership track -or- pure technical track
- Take time to recharge with three weeks of paid time off annually
- A remote-based environment that will remain flexible for the foreseeable future. We also have physical offices in major cities around the U.S.
- All the supplies you need to work from home successfully—including a mechanical keyboard of your choice
- Full coverage of Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance—for your family, too
- 401k contributions to invest in your future
- Subscriptions to ClassPass, Headspace, Spotify, and two of the following: Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+
- Sick days, company holidays, bereavement days, and a volunteer day
Artium is experiencing exponential growth! Not sure the above sounds exactly like you but you’re still interested in joining us? We’d love to hear from you! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a note about what you think you can add to our teams.
Artium Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.