Articulate is seeking a Commercial Counsel to join our amazing team.
The Commercial Counsel will be an integral member of our small but growing Legal team. We’re looking for a highly collaborative, hard-working, and personable attorney to draft and negotiate SaaS contracts. This person must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, the ability to work on their own, but also to partner within the Legal team and with others across the organization at all levels.
What you'll do
- Draft and negotiate complex SaaS agreements, NDAs, and other commercial documents to support Sales, Customer Success, Order Management, and Finance teams to facilitate a quick close to deals.
- Provide practical legal guidance in a digestible manner.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Legal team’s processes, including development or refinement of templates, playbooks, etc.
- Work independently with limited supervision, but also support the team culture both within the Legal group and across the organization.
- Align with and fully support the organization’s goals and human centered culture.
What you should have
- 4+ years experience drafting and negotiating commercial SaaS contracts. A combination of law firm and in-house experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of privacy (e.g., GDPR, CCPA) and intellectual property laws as they pertain to contracts.
- Able to act quickly and decisively in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple deals, while still managing within the organization's risk tolerance.
- A “roll up your sleeves,” team-oriented mindset, with a sense of humor.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited U.S. law school, and active admission in at least one State Bar.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, and familiar with G-Suite and Slack.
- Be located within the United States.
You're the ideal candidate if
- You have experience working for a SaaS organization, and in a fully, remote environment.
Articulate Global, LLC, is the leading SaaS provider of creator platforms for online workplace training. Founded by Adam Schwartz in 2002 and led by CEO Lucy Suros, Articulate provides creator tools and services that make it simple for enterprises and SMBs to develop, deliver, and analyze online workplace training that’s engaging and effective.
Increasingly, organizations must reskill employees for ever-changing remote and hybrid work environments, create learning cultures that attract and retain employees in a tight labor market, and use training to build more equitable, empowering, and engaging workplaces. Articulate helps organizations address these critical business needs with its creator platform for workplace training. Articulate 360—a suite of creator tools for online courses—was named the 7th most-loved product in the world by TrustRadius in 2021. And Rise
—an all-in-one online training system that makes online training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage—is the first creator platform for SMBs and departments within the enterprise. Articulate has more than 118,000 customers in 170 countries and counts all 100 of the Fortune 100 companies as customers.
Named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces 2020 and a leader in building a human-centered organization
, Articulate is guided by a commitment to provide the best value to customers, do right by employees, and create an equitable, empowering workplace for all. As a human-centered organization, we honor people’s humanity knowing that each person’s unique history, vulnerabilities, and social location inform how we show up with one another. We embrace our connectedness, aware that what we do and say impacts others. We give each other grace because we are all works in progress, learning and evolving every day. And we take responsibility for ourselves and are serious about our accountability to each other. In all we do, we strive to create an equitable, sustainable, and empowering workplace while we drive results for the business and make a positive impact in the world. Read more about our values here
Articulate welcomes different voices and viewpoints and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, native language, pregnancy status, physical size, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.
(For information about Articulate's privacy practices, please view our Privacy Notice)